CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Going to the George!

So Bryce's family and I went down to St. George for Fall Break/UEA weekend. It was so great and I am grateful for Bryce's parents for paying for a lot of it. They are amazing people. I just had to tell you a couple things that happened whilst down there. First off, Bryce and I had to stop in Washington City, which is like five minutes north of St. George, to get medicine and oh boy was it funny! BEFORE we even get inside the building we see polygamists! They are like straight out of an old-fashioned church movie. The clothes they wear, the way their bangs swoop just right, it's a sight to see. Well those were just the beginning because once we got inside we were bombarded by them. I walked into the restroom to find 8 of them in there! I went "Uh" ON ACCIDENT! and it was awkward and I just slowly glided through them and into a stall. But don't you worry, we saw more after that! I felt the children looking at me with a longingness to be normal. I know that might sound mean, but I really felt bad for them. It is just a crazy world that we live in.

Then later we went to the outlet malls. We saw this really good bakery called like "Vior" or something like that, and we decided to grab lunch there. Bryce got a salad and I got a sandwich. Right as I was finishing my sandwich I hear Bryce go "What in the world?" A HUGE COCKROACH CRAWLED OUT OF HIS SALAD AND ONTO THE TABLE!!!!!!! We were dying! It was the sickest thing ever! Never go there people! I couldn't believe I just ate a whole sandwich that was probably infested with cockroach poop!

It really was such a nice and relaxing trip though. We went to Touacan (spelling?) and saw "big River" which is a version of Huck Finn. So great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K... That is so distgusting!!!! I seriously just gagged when I read about the cockroach! YUCK!!!!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Wow that is quite the trip!! Sick on the salad i would have thrown up right there!!

The Mills said...

What an adventure, sounds like fun though, I love St. George!!