CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 18, 2009

I am loving teaching right now :)

So, I truly love my profession. I think this new way of thinking has come about from some pretty negative things that have been happening in my life right now.

I have been having some severe struggles with cheerleading parents (one couple in particular). I will not bore you with all the details, but it has caused me much trouble, pain, and sleepless nights. The COOL thing is that the Lord works in mysterious and sometimes weird ways. Ever since I have been dealing with these problems, I have, for some odd reason, been way more into teaching. I think it is because I am getting ridiculed so much for being such a "mean and bad coach" that I have seen how much I am NOT like that and how much I truly love my kids. I don't know if I can put all these feelings into words, but the light at the end of the dark tunnel is here and I am loving teaching.

For example, today I had to run down to the office and figure a few things out while my 3rd period students were silently reading. I come back to class to find my podium up against the door, both garbage cans, and a student, one of my favorites, recording me as I walk in. Most teachers, including myself on most days, would have freaked out and given them a huge assignment to do or something. I just laughed and made them write triple the amount of work lol. BUT I was smiling the whole time. It turns out that they are making a teacher documentary. I now think they are funny, but I won't tell them that. High school kids are just fun, once you have their respect, and the relationship between you and them starts to build. I am just loving it!

That is all.

1 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

It is so good to hear that you love it. Today has been a LONG (not bad, but exhausting) day for me, so it is good to be reminded how lucky we are to have fantastic jobs.