CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

I wOn A tWiLiGhT ConTeSt!!!

Here are the sad students...





Here are the Happy Students!



So I got an email on Wednesday about a contest that Barnes and Noble was having for the upcoming movie Twilight. They wanted us teachers to tell our students that they will be giving tickets to the pre-screening of the movie on Tuesday, which is tomorrow, to the person who can write the best essay about why they are the biggest Twilight fan. I read it to all to my students. There are a lot of students, mainly boys, who are so anti-Twilight. I decided to take advantage of their hatred, lol. I made a little wager with my students that if I entered the contest and won then all those who have been dogging the books will HAVE to read them. They were so gung-hoe about it! Especially my 3rd period. Well today DURING THIRD PERIOD I get a phone call in my room and it is Barnes and Noble and they said I won the contest! I couldn't stop laughing. I told my students and they started freaking out. I was still on the phone with B&N and they were laughing hysterically. So all of them headed to the library after class to grab Twilight with frowns on their faces. They will thank me someday. Bryce just went and picked up the tickets and I guess there is a whole package of stuff from posters to shirts to trading cards, lol and more. I am excited and my students are not hahahaa

5 comments:

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Congrats thats so great cait! You will have so fun at the show i'm jealous i can't wait to see it!!

Lacking Productivity said...

Ha Ha! Oh my gosh I love it! I am so jealous that you won. You should post your essay and show us the loot!

Crystal Spencer said...

Wait... I am a little confused... Was the contest for a teacher to write the essay or a student? Either way, that is AWESOME! Oh, and you should post the essay on here. I want to know why YOU are the biggest fan! Love ya!

The Mills said...

Thats awesome Cait!! I can't believe you guys have had snow yet!! how fun :)

S & K said...

haha thats super!