CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I've been cooking lately....

So I think I am turning into my mom. She has always loved to cook and now I am finding a passion for it too. I decided to make a japanese meal one night. I found some copycat recipes from Bennihana's and Tepanyaki. I decided to try out these recipes. Below is garlic chicken lo mein. I put chinese noodles, zuccini, onions, sesame seeds, honey, garlic cloves, chicken, CILANTRO!!! soy sauce, salt, pepper, and a few more ingredients to create this masterpiece. It was so good! I don't think the picture gives it justice.

I also decided to create my favorite salad dressing from Bennihana's and Tepanyaki. If you have tried it, you know how good it is. It is a creamy ginger dressing. Here is the recipe:

1/2 c minced onion
1/2 c sesame seed oil
1/3 c rice vinegar
2 T water
2 T minced fresh ginger
2 T minced fresh celery
2 T Ketchup
4 t Soy Sauce
2 t sugar
2 t lemon juice
1/2 t minced garlic
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until all ginger is pureed. Chill. Makes 1 3/4 cups. (I doubled this recipe)



6 comments:

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

GOOD JOB! That looks so fun.. cooking is so great when it turns out! You cute little chef you!

S & K said...

That doesnt look as good as our mayonaise salad back in '05!!! LOL

Wendy Pippin said...

Just an FYI i have stolen the creamy ginger dressing recipe and picture and put it on my recipe blog...and I would like to do the same with the lo mein recipe...will you give it to me...or you can post if yourself. It looks DELICIOUS and there are many of us ladies who would love to benefit from your cooking talent.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I really, REALLY want that lo mein recipe. You never told me where you're coaching next year?! I applied for the assistant at Maple Mountain...is that it? Or is it somewhere else?

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Shouldn't you be teaching instead of commenting on my blog? And shouldn't I be teaching instead of commention on yours? haha.

435-813-2166

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I know me too. Forget Lorraine's theory of actually reading with them. haha. You dork, I put my number in the last comment! HELLO!